One of the most reliable ways to attract new visitors to your website and drive them to converting into leads is through quality content. However, for many marketers, the challenge is creating the kind of content their audience wants to see.
If you’re struggling with coming up with content ideas for your brand, we want to help. Follow the steps below for brainstorming new content ideas to get started.
Tips for brainstorming content ideas
- Pick a topic — Don’t be intimidated by this first step. You can pick any relevant topic and brainstorm it, but it doesn’t mean you ultimately have to use it. Besides, picking a topic and deciding you don’t like it helps you narrow down what you’d like to actually write about.
Once you pick a topic, write it down and move on to the next step.
- Decide on its difficulty — Do you want your content to be introductory for someone completely unfamiliar with the topic? Do you want it to be a bit more intermediate or advanced? Decide on what type of person you’re trying to reach for conversion and keep this in focus when you move on to writing your content.
- Pick the structure — Not all content is an essay that explains a concept to a reader. You can create a list, a Q&A, a how-to guide, an opinion piece and many other styles of structure.
Think about what type of structure best suits the message you’d like to get across.
- Pick a format — Once you have a structure system identified, decide on what type of format or medium you want to work on. For example, you can create a blog post (like what you’re reading now), an infographic, a video and more.
Think about what your target audience needs and what type of content can support your website and brand the most. Have you already written several articles about a particular topic? Try making an infographic or video instead.
- Create headlines — Now that you’ve narrowed down many of the fine points of your content, it’s time to start thinking of headlines. Let your mind go into free-flow mode here. Just start writing a list of headlines and don’t worry about picking one until you have a good list of about 10 or 15 ideas.
When it’s all said and done, it’s time to start writing! Or, if you look at it all and decide none of it’s right for what you want, you can start the process over with a different topic and see how it goes.
For further assistance with coming up with topics, you can use this spreadsheet from HubSpot to organize your thoughts or contact an agency like Burg & Co. for help.
Take your content marketing to the next level with Burg & Co.
Is it too challenging or time consuming to come up with topics and content for your website? Our team at Burg & Co. can help. We can work closely with your team to create topics that you want to cover and produce the content to go with them.
Our team has years of experience in helping businesses improve their digital presence to attract new leads and retain existing ones. If you’re looking to perform better in search engine results and attract more visitors to your site, we’re ready to talk to you to see how we can help. Contact our team today for more information about digital marketing or to schedule a complimentary consultation.