Search engine optimization (SEO) is a fast-paced area of digital marketing. Staying on top of the latest news and developments in the industry is a critical part of success. With more information and less time than ever, it can be helpful to lean on the expertise and specialization of digital marketing professionals.
Since we spend a lot of time navigating the SEO world, we’re happy to share the most important SEO news items we come across.
Three hot pieces of SEO news you need to know about:
- Unconfirmed Google search ranking algorithm update — Since May 13, 2021, there have been multiple reports that some search rankings have shifted dramatically. This has prompted speculation that there is an unreported search ranking algorithm update happening. This update is likely minor since it wasn’t announced by Google. Still, it’s a good idea to keep a close eye on your rankings over the next few weeks.
- Google moves schema markup validator tool — Google has moved its structured data testing tool to a new home. You can now find it on validator.schema.org. This means you have more tools available to validate the structured data you’re using on sites.
- Google enhances event enhancement reports — Google Search Console can now help you learn about even more site errors that can affect your SEO. Google has recently updated its event enhancement reports. The update is designed to report more issues with your event structured data, such as:
- Event entities can be detected at all hierarchy levels.
- Event properties errors are now flagged as warnings.
As a result of this update, you may see a spike in your report. However, this may just be because Google is showing you previously unreported errors.
Burg & Co. is here to help you improve your SEO and attract new leads
Looking for ways to attract new visitors to your site and increase conversions? There is no magic solution to reaching your goals, but with hard work and some time, your website can become a powerful marketing tool for your business.
Our team at Burg & Co. has years of experience in helping businesses improve their digital presence to attract new leads and retain existing ones. If you’re looking to perform better in search engine results and attract more visitors to your site, we’re ready to talk to you to see how we can help. Contact our team today for more information about SEO or to schedule a complimentary consultation.