Physical therapy is a health care field that’s set to grow significantly during the next few years. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that this field will grow by 18% between 2019 and 2029.
This growth is good for patients because it means there will be more physical therapists available to help them. It can be good for physical therapy practices as well; more qualified practitioners means filling jobs in your clinics will be easier, but it also translates into more providers that you’ll have to compete with for patients. Fortunately, content marketing can help your physical therapy practice get a leg up in this competitive marketplace.
What is content marketing?
Some physical therapy professionals may not know exactly what content marketing entails; if you have heard of it, you may think that it just means your practice has a dedicated blog. Blogs are one important piece of the content marketing puzzle, but it can also help you create branded content such as:
- White papers.
- Website core pages.
- Custom landing pages.
4 reasons physical therapy practices should invest in content marketing
There is no doubt that content marketing will be an investment for your practice. But you’re probably wondering if it will be a superb investment or a poor one. There are many reasons why you should consider content marketing a superb investment. Some of the most powerful of these reasons include the fact that content marketing:
- Helps patients feel more positive about your business — The more positive patients feel about your business, the more likely they are to use it. Custom content can give your patients confidence in your physical therapy practice. In fact, 82% of consumers tend to feel more positive about a business after reading custom content.
- Helps you reach new patients — Content marketing is an effective way to reach out to people who are looking for the types of medical services you offer. For instance, adding a blog to your physical therapy site can help you reach new patients. One source reports that businesses with blogs have 67% more leads per month on average than those that don’t have blogs.
- Reduces marketing costs — Many physical therapy practices are keen to try content marketing when they learn that it can reduce their marketing costs. Switching to content marketing can help you save 62% compared to traditional marketing.
- Crafts click-worthy SEO content — SEO stands for search engine optimization, and content that follows a defined SEO strategy is an excellent digital marketing tool for physical therapy clinics. However, creating targeted and informative content doesn’t help your practice if people are just scrolling past it. Content marketing specialists can do research to see what your potential patients are searching for and create content that they will want to click on. Here are two tips from content marketers that can help make your content more click-worthy:
- Focus on creating titles that catch people’s attention.
- Craft content meta descriptions that are both informative and interesting.
2 additional physical therapy digital marketing strategies that could work for you
Keen to get the word out about your physical therapy practice? Then you should consider using specific digital marketing strategies that can help shine a light on your practice. By doing so with the right digital audience, you can create predictable growth for your practice.
Content marketing is definitely one of these strategies, but there are others your PT practice should be using, too. Yet you may not know exactly which other strategies can help provide the predictable patient growth that your practice is looking for.
At BURG+CO. Marketing, we work with many physical therapy practices, and there are several digital marketing strategies that we’ve found to be successful for these clients, including:
- Reaching out to locals using Google My Business — Have you ever searched for a pizza place near you? Then you’re one of the 86% of people who has used the internet to find a local business. Google My Business allows you to create a profile for your practice that can help it appear in such local searches. This can benefit your practice because half of the people who find a business using a local search visit it within a day of doing the search.
- Building a robust social media presence — Another digital marketing strategy that your physical therapy practice can easily take advantage of is creating an engaging social media presence. This is more important than you might realize. After all, more people are turning to social media for help with health care-related topics. One survey reports that 41% of consumers said social media influences their choice of a specific medical facility.
Does your PT practice need a partner to help with content marketing & more? BURG+CO. can help
Increasing traffic to your website with effective content marketing plays a major role in increasing conversions and landing new patients. However, it’s difficult to attract visitors to your site when you don’t know what to do. Fortunately, content marketing is our speciality at BURG+CO.
Our team has years of experience in helping PT practices create informative and engaging content designed to improve their digital presence, attract new patients and retain existing ones. If your practice is looking to perform better in search engine results and create predictable patient growth, we’re ready to talk to you to see how we can help. Contact our team today for more information about all our digital marketing services or to schedule a complimentary consultation.